A full-time higher vocational college approved by Beijing Municipal People’s Government and filed with the Ministry of Education, Beijing Bailie University (“BBU”) is qualified to issue diplomas recognized by the state and has some 3000 undergraduates working on 29 majors in 7 departments.
The vocational education thought, schooling philosophy and fine traditions of BBU originated in Bailie School launched In 1940 by Rewi Alley, a New Zealander who founded the vocational education of modern China.
On April 20, 2017, National President Xi Jinping personally wrote back to BBU, noting that “It takes 10 years to grow a tree, but 100 years to bring up a generation of good people”. BBU upholds “Hands and mind, create and analyze” as its motto and cares for the nation. By working hard and carrying forward the vocational education thought of Former presidents Alley and Hogg, BBU has elaborately trained large numbers of talents for the socialist modernization of China. We hope that you can take Over the Gung Ho spirit of “Work hard, and work together” from Alley, actively carry out international cultural exchanges, write a new chapter of international friendship and make new contributions to promoting world peace and development and building a human destiny community.
On April 12, 2008, the then Premier Wen Jiabao wrote back to our students and personally inscribed the motto of BBU.
The care and encouragement given by President Xi Jinping and other party and national leaders greatly educated, spurred and inspired both the teachers and the students, who earnestly studied and implemented the gist of the letters, persist in the operating idea of “promoting reform with opening, promoting innovation with reform, promoting development with innovation”. On the journey of building BBU into a center of international interactions and a base of training international talents, they have achieved marked results, won the recognition and reward of the Party and the government, repeatedly received strong support from the central and municipal-level financial funds, leading to further improvement of operating conditions and continuous enhancement of talent training quality.
BBU is located in Zhongguancun Technology Park, Haidian District, Beijing, which is surrounded by a cluster of well-known Chinese universities and features convenient traffic, unimpeded access to information and an elegant environment with a rich academic atmosphere.
The obvious locational advantage provides excellent environmental conditions for BBU to better serve the “4-center” urban functional orientation of the city, boost the development of its high-tech and sophisticated industries and provide convenience for the students in getting employed, pursuing higher education, going abroad for advanced studies and starting their own business.
2. Degree Programs
Name of Department
Name and Direction of Major
Department of International Business
international economy and trade (international business management)
Department of Bilingual Infant Education
preschool education (international preschool English education)
Department of Medical Health
traditional Chinese medicine for health maintenance and care
3. Non-degree Program
As the only official language of China, Chinese is receiving the attention and favor of more and more foreign friends because of its time-honored development history and rich cultural connotations. To meet the different characteristics and needs of non-degree students, BBU has carefully designed the plans for Chinese teaching courses and opened training courses of multi-level modules. By leveraging its own cutting edges, BBU aims to spread both Chinese language and culture throughout the world while teaching the language. BBU places focus on training the international students into inter-disciplinary talents who master expertise and practical skills; it places even more focus on humanistic concern, strengthens the cultivation of the humanistic quality of the international students from various countries and strives to shape them into cultural emissaries who love peace and excellent cosmopolites and young leaders who serve the whole world.
(1) The Chinese courses cover all levels from zero foundation to beginning, intermediate and advanced levels. The teachers, teaching materials and class arrangements are tailor made in full satisfaction of the Chinese proficiency level of the students. In addition to the main courses in listening, speaking, reading and writing, BBU also offers some 10 optional courses, including HSK pre-examination reinforcement, business Chinese, Chinese history and cultural skills (Chinese music, calligraphy, tea ceremony, paper-cut, painting, shadow boxing and dance).
(2) The regular and intensive classes that are held all the year round give lessons at flexible time and offer courses of diversified categories. Special program class may be opened as required by any group.
(3) After class, the students are organized to take part in a wide range of activities, e.g. visits, art performances and sports competition, so that they can go out of the classroom to get in touch with the Chinese society, know about local history, culture and customs, gain a real understanding of China and love the nation.
4. Enrollment Requirements
Degree program applicants shall:
(1) Be non-Chinese citizens who are well conducted, healthy and willing to abide by the laws and regulations of China, observe the discipline of BBU and respect the customs and habits of the Chinese people; hold valid foreign passport;
(2) Have an educational background of high school or higher together with the transcript proving success in HSK band 4 text;
(3) Be aged 18 ~ 45.
5. Application Time：Spring admission (December 1 ~ January 31)
Autumn admission (June 1 ~ July 31)
6. Application Process
Materials for registration:
(1) “Application Form for Admission into Beijing Bailie University”, which should be received from the office of the International College and filled out;
(3) Copy of the ID card of guarantor;
(4) 2 recent hatless color photos of white background for passport;
(5) In the case of an applicant attending another institution of higher learning in China, the reference letter issued by the International Student Office or a college thereof, which needs to indicate its contact information;
(6) Certificate of last educational attainment or certificat de scolarit or transcript, which shall be the original or notarized copy in Chinese or English.
7. Visa Application Materials:
An international student of confirmed enrollment should:
(1) Receive the formal Letter of Admission and Form of Chinese Visa Application for Foreign Students (Form JW202) directly from the International College after receipt of the admission notice at the time indicated thereupon;
(2) Submit the originals of passport and valid registration form of temporary lodging;
(3) Submit 1 recent hatless color photo of white background for passport;
(4) Sign the Statement of Responsibility for Safety of International Students;
(5) Submit the Foreigner Physical Examination Form in the case of an international student holding non-residence permit visa, who should apply for residence permit within 30 days after entry.
8. Application Fee
RMB 8000 yuan/semester (including one free weekend cultural experience activity within the semester).
Costs of Teaching Materials:
RMB 100-200 yuan/semester
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Education of China, international students who study in China must purchase the medical insurance designated by their Chinese university.
A student may purchase the medical insurance at the check-in on the day of registration. Registration formalities will not be processed for a student without the medical insurance.
9. Urban Bus Route
Take Bus No. 333, 355, 392, 398, 419, 478, 490, 609, 632 or 753 and get off at Majiagou Stop; go northward for over 100m, turn left and cross the street (not the overpass); walk along Shuangqing Road until BBU. Take Bus No. 126 or 577, get off at Bajia Jiayuan and walk northward for 200m to reach the destination to the west of the street,.
10. Address, Website and Contact Information
Address: 1 Shuangqing Road, Haidian District, Beijing